100 Campus Center, Seaside, CA 93955
Cal State Monterey Bay provides more than 5,600 students an extraordinary opportunity to learn on a residential campus just one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. Our diverse student body receives personal attention in small classes while pursuing degrees in 23 undergraduate and eight graduate majors.
To give you an edge in the 21st-century workplace, most of our degree programs integrate several traditional fields of study to give you a wide range of knowledge that employers really value.
Many programs also incorporate concentrations that allow you to focus your studies in specific areas.
The names of our majors
Some of our majors have straightforward names – like Biology. Others are a little more unusual – like Cinematic Arts & Technology (the study of film, video and new media). To help you match up your interests with our programs, we recommend using the search box below. Just enter what you want to study, and we'll show you which major (or majors) cover that.
- Biology B.S. (Majors)
- Business Admin B.S. (Majors)
- Cinematic Arts & Technology B.A. (Majors)
- Collaborative Health & Human Services B.A. (Majors)
- Communication Design B.S. (Majors)
- Computer Science & Information Technology B.S. (Majors)
- Environmental Science, Technology & Policy B.S. (Majors)
- Environmental Studies B.A. (Majors)
- Global Studies B.A. (Majors)
- Human Communication B.A. (Majors)
- Japanese B.A. (Majors)
- Kinesiology B.S. (Majors)
- Liberal Studies B.A. (Majors)
- Marine Science B.S. (Majors)
- Mathematics B.S. (Majors)
- Music B.A. (Majors)
- Nursing B.S.N. (Majors)
- Psychology B.A. (Majors)
- Social & Behavioral Sciences B.A. (Majors)
- Spanish B.A. (Majors)
- Visual & Public Art B.A. (Majors)
- World Languages & Cultures B.A. (Majors)
- Applied Marine & Watershed Science M.S. (Graduate Degrees)
- Education M.A. (Graduate Degrees)
- Master of Business Administration (Graduate Degrees)
- Instructional Science & Technology, M.S. (Graduate Degrees)
- Management and Information Technology M.S. (Graduate Degrees)
- Marine Science M.S. (Graduate Degrees)
- Master of Social Work (Graduate Degrees)
- Anthropology (Minors)
- Business (Minors)
- Biology (Minors)
- Chicana/o Studies (Minors)
- Communication Design (Minors)
- Community Health Education (Minors)
- Computer Science (Minors)
- Creative Writing/Action (Minors)
- Earth Systems Science (Minors)
- Env. Health Policy (Minors)
- Global Studies (Minors)
- Health & Wellness (Minors)
- Hispanic Cultures (Minors)
- Human Communication (Minors)
- Human Development (Minors)
- Human Movement (Minors)
- Int'l Health Policy (Minors)
- Japanese Culture (Minors)
- Japanese Language (Minors)
- Journalism/Media (Minors)
- Latin American Studies (Minors)
- Mathematics (Minors)
- Music (Minors)
- Nonprofit Management (Minors)
- Outdoor Recreation (Minors)
- Peace Studies (Minors)
- Pre-Law (Minors)
- Psychology (Minors)
- Service Learning (Minors)
- Social Work (Minors)
- Sociology (Minors)
- Spanish Language (Minors)
- Sport Management (Minors)
- Statistics (Minors)
- Teledramatic Arts (Minors)
- Writing and Rhetoric (Minors)
- Single Subject (Teaching Credentials)
- Multiple Subject (Teaching Credentials)
- Special Education (Teaching Credentials)
- CalStateTEACH (Teaching Credentials)
Associate Degree for Transfer
- Search for AA-T or AS-T programs (Associate Degree for Transfer)
- See a list of AA-T and AS-T programs at CSUMB (Associate Degree for Transfer)
There has never been a more exciting time to be a Cal State Monterey Bay student. Our campus community continues to grow every year as we expand our academic programs , residential community , and vision for the future. Our students choose Cal State Monterey Bay because we are vision driven community where we will live and learn.
Even with a record number of applications submitted each year, Cal State Monterey Bay remains accessible to all students. We offer campus based and online undergraduate and graduate degree programs as well as our outstanding Teacher Credentialing programs.
Our application process is straight forward. Apply by visiting CSUMentor.edu and we'll contact you with your login information and instructions to use your My.CSUMB applicant dashboard. Your My.CSUMB dashboard includes a list of all documents, test scores, etc. required to complete your application.
Everything you need to know is available on our Admissions website. Call, email, or drop by the Office of Admissions - our expert staff is here to help!
ACADEMICSAthletic Holds (AT Hold) Every student-athlete has this on their account beginning the first day of the semester and then is taken off the day of priority registration for the following semester. This is to ensure that our student-athletes do not drop below 12 units and is a mechanism to give priority registration appointments. Additionally, all managers or student-assistant coaches who receive priority registration have an AT hold.
Adding Classes (Deadline for Fall '13 is September 9)
- 1st Week: Can add courses online via their student account. Only need a Fall 2013 schedule adjustment form with professor signature if the course is full.
- 2nd week: Cannot add courses online. Must have the Fall 2013 schedule adjustment form signed by the professor and take to Records in Building 47, 3rd floor.
- All Drops must be done via the class drop authorization link below.
- CLICK HERE to access the Online Student/Athlete Class Drop Authorization Form. This form is required to request athletics administration approval of class drops during the first two weeks of the semester. Please understand this can take 24 hours to be processed.
Office of the Registrar - Forms Page
Student-Athlete Code of Conduct
Student-Athlete Drug Testing & Substance Abuse Policy
College isn't just an education – it's an experience. And all the things that happen outside the classroom are as important as what happens inside it. How you spend your free time. What you eat. Where you sleep. Getting from point A to point B.
Cal State Monterey Bay has its own vibe: it's outdoorsy, energetic, adventurous, caring and connected. It's a small yet very diverse community. Some folks are more athletic, some are more artistic, some both, and we all get along really well. And we're all making the most out of life!